Nathanisms

The first picture is of the boys listening to a story by their grandpa...the phone is sitting on the counter between them. The others from our special meeting visits.
Nathan has been saying and doing some really cute things lately. He often puts his boots on the wrong feet and when we tell him they are wrong, he crosses his feet. Not that he can walk like that, but the boots look right. We were at a restaurant for Matt's birthday and I was waiting in the stall with Nathan while he did his business. He told me soon enough he would marry me. I guess it was a proposal of sorts! I hope he doesn't try that line on a girl someday...she might not like the presumption. It was really complicated to him that he couldn't marry his mother....I mentioned too that I happened to already be married! Awhile ago and then again today he mentioned that when he dies and goes back into my belly...today he said maybe he would come out a girl next time. I forget what he said last time of what would happen back in my belly. We often tell Nathan to eat up so that he will grow and he is quite aware that Thomas is bigger and heavier. He came into the kitchen and told me how he could catch up to Thomas. He told me that we could just not give the good food to Thomas. I started to laugh until I saw the tears in his eyes and realized how earnest he was. He told me that he wished he could of been firstborn and bigger. We had a little talk and a little snuggle to let him know he is just right how he is.
Today, we stopped at the Wayside Inn grist mill on our way home from meeting. The miller was there and let the boys open the water gate to the wheel. It was fascinating to watch the process. If you come between April and November on the weekends, we would love to take you! Unfortunately, I never thought to bring my camera as it was a spur of the moment happening!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home