Pictures by Nathan
Nathan takes great joy in using the camera. He knows to keep the strap around his wrist. I love looking through the pictures to see what has caught his attention.
I have made foam mats to go next to our bed with the thought that should one of the boys wet their beds during the night that they could finish up the night on the mat. Also with the thought that some day nightmares will come. Well, they love them and just about every night Thomas comes in around 3 or 4 and curls up on his. I didn't intend on this happening but he must just wake up and not be able to go back to sleep. Nathan sleeps all night every night in his bed. I do talk to Thomas before bed telling him that it would be better for him to stay in his own bed but pretty much without fail he comes in. I don't think he gets nightmares but I think he is afraid of the dark and his body is trained to wake up then.
I can tell when it's time to check on the boys....I hear Nathan saying to Thomas:
"Oh, Thomas!"
"Thomas, that's not good!"
"Be careful, Thomas!"
We've been playing teacher/student each morning. We have an easel with a chalk board on one side. We start with the alphabet song (with hand signs!), then we do one letter which each has to trace on the board. Next we do our shapes and then we do a number. We finish each session with a song. It's fun for all of us!


1 Comments:
We love the pictures Nathan. Keep at it ...
We also used the mat idea with Jackson b/c he was coming into our bed way too often [Dave's a light sleeper, so not good]. It worked, but we eventually had to put it away b/c Jackson liked it too much. Looks like Jackson and Thomas think alike ;)
Post a Comment
<< Home