The chickens were moved to the outdoor coop a few weeks back but the exterior fencing and ground wire were just put up last week. The chickens are enjoying their newfound freedom and we have fun visiting them! Or at least Nathan was having fun until one tried to land on his head and another pecked his leg. This hasn't happened to Thomas so he is still thoroughly enjoying them. Nathan insists on being in the run with us but up in my arms the entire time now and acts quite scared of them. I'm sorry this has happened seeing he is many times their size but no reasoning with him at this point seems to help. Thomas picks them grass and tries to hold them. He likes it when I set one on his lap and then he puts it up to his face and cuddles it! The coop door has a latch on the top and the bottom. Nathan faithfully mans the bottom latch. Several times while I've been in the coop feeding the chickens, he has tried to close the door telling me "bye-bye". So hopefully, if Matt gets home from work someday and can't find me, he'll check the coop.


1 Comments:
J&M, I like the NEW look to your BLOG! I enjoy viewing it every day and cking out the new pix of your, our precious boys! Keeps me up to date as to what is going on @ 123! Love YOU lots, your Sis, Lg
Post a Comment
<< Home