Sorta Daily Dose of Babies (DDOB)



Okay, so maybe I shouldn't call it DDOB when it hasn't been daily....sorry. I completely forgot to take any pictures yesterday and the day just seemed sort of ordinary so I opted not to send a DDOB. It's funny that I can follow the same routine two different days and at the end of the day, one can be considered really good and the other really long. I hate to say bad, but some days aren't all rosy. Today, we had a restful day. The boys did well napping. We picked up Matt at the car repair place and then went and got groceries together.
Thomas has started this new bawling routine. When he starts to cry, if I don't see to him immediately, he just turns on the sobbing turbos. He turns deep red, huge tears fall, and he is LOUD. I feel awful that he thinks he has to go to such extreme. Any words of wisdom? Of course, the main thing to curtail this is to give him what he wants immediately which at 5 months, I wouldn't think this would be considered spoiling. But on the other hand, I can't always do that. He has a brother. I have tried a few wacks on the butt, but that only makes me feel worse and he cries harder.
I have been pureeing peaches this week for the boys. Nathan has figured out that if he coughs with a mouthful, that he gets his mom all messy too. He still frowns at the taste of peaches, but Thomas does pretty good about taking it. I've been feeding them rice cereal with milk at 10AM and peaches with rice cereal at 4PM.
Tomorrow we are going for a walk around Gates Pond with our friend Lisa and her boy, Benjamin. Then early intervention (EI) is coming at 1pm. We will be meeting a new educator. For those unfamiliar with EI, it's a state-run program that gives aid to children under the age of 3 who are considered at risk for learning and motor disabilities for which our boys are, being that they were preemies and are twins. Boy, do you think I could make that sentence any longer? Nothing at all has alarmed them, in fact our pediatrician is very impressed with their continued progress. The group consists of social workers and educators. The first lady we had, quit after 1 month. It wasn't us....I'm sure.
Well, I must get to bed. I've been telling myself that I am staying up to late. It just has been easier to get a few jobs done at night when all is quiet. During the day, once in a great while I get 15 to 30 minutes to get this or that done. Today, both shelties got a bath. My goal during the day is first and foremost to take care of the boys. But if I get a chance, I like to get one thing done on my never ending list. now I am rambling...
lots of love to each one,
Jennifer


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home